Position: Social Media Summer Intern
Internship length: 1 - 3 months
Hours: 5 - 10 hours per week. Hours are on an as needed basis, and will vary from week to week.
Location: Inland Empire or Los Angeles. Most work will be remote, Intern must be available to meet 1 - 2 times a week at a coffee shop.
About the Position:
This internship is designed to introduce interns to the "behind the scenes" aspect of running an online fashion business. Interns will gain hands on experience running the marketing side of a startup fashion business. Interns will gain knowledge on fashion branding, fashion PR, online customer service, and target audience research. Interns will also learn basic graphic design, website management, email marketing, and the latest project management tools and techniques.
This internship does not guarantee a future part-time or full-time position.
Do NOT apply:
- If you are NOT familiar with Hija de tu Madre's brand, mission, or products.
- If you have zero experience managing social media accounts outside your own.
- If you have no examples of social media management and growth.
- Organize monthly social media calendars for (Instagram, FB, Twitter, Pinterest).
- Manage all social media accounts (IG, FB, Twitter posts, Pinterest board creation, respond to comments/replies, retweets, etc).
- Assist with planning and researching ad campaigns / target audiences.
- Send out email blasts using Mailchimp.
- Community outreach: reach out to influencers, partners, press, etc.
- Help organize giveaways, sales, and promotions.
- Additional tasks may include, but are not limited to: organize inbox, take care of email traffic from customers, mail, assist with photoshoots.
- Real life examples of managing accounts outside of their own.
- A very basic understanding of social media strategy and advertising.
- Familiar with modern social media and fashion trends.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- A GREAT eye for design and attention to detail.
- Interest in fashion branding, fashion marketing, running a start up business, and ecommerce.
- Must be able to work efficiently from home, with reliable internet connection.
- Most of this work will be remote, Intern must be available to meet 1 - 2 times a week at a coffee shop to review work.
- Must be a self starter, very organized, someone who can take direction well.
- 5 - 10 hours of availability each week.
- Own laptop
- Own cell phone
- Reside in the LA / IE area
Plus, but not required:
- Experience with ecommerce fashion brands.
- Knowledge of Squarespace / Shopify / ShipStation.
- Knowledge of project management tools Trello / Slack / Basecamp.
- Knowledge of mailchimp / newsletter marketing.
- Blogging skills or interest in blogging.
- Basic photography skills (or iPhone photography).
- Basic understanding of photoshop and/or illustrator.
To apply, in 2- 3 paragraphs answer the following:
1. Introduce yourself, explain what your short and long-term career goals are, and why you are applying to this internship.
2. What are some fashion brands you admire and why?
3. What is your experience in social media management, strategy, and community outreach? Show examples of your social media management and strategy skills. Examples can be links, screenshots, case studies, etc, of accounts that you've managed and help grow.
4. Attach your resume
5. Optional but not required: Link to your IG and/or Twitter
Email your responses and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Summer Internship" in the subject line